We provide expert, predictably priced legal advice for businesses of all sizes. Whether you are a federal contractor in the DMV, a tech start-up or launching a winery or farm brewery – we have you covered.
We understand that small businesses cannot afford the high hourly rates and unpredictability of the traditional hourly rate. We are upfront in our pricing but you will feel like you have your own General Counsel when your retain us.
We assist in all areas of corporate law, with a focus on:
- Obtaining 501(c)(3) status
- Local regulatory requirements
- Flat-fee review
- Representation and Litigation relating to breach
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Prosecution
- Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Maritime (Admiralty) Law
- Federal contracting
- Present responsibility determinations
- Contract negotiation
- False Claims Act litigation
- Small and disadvantaged business incentives
- Winery/Brewery Liquor Law
- We take on the complex headaches relating to obtaining and maintaining a liquor license and other regulatory issues relating to the manufacture, distribution, and sale of liquor
- Federal regulatory permitting with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (“TTB”)
- We focus on assisting small wineries and breweries in New York, Virginia, and Rhode Island
- Negotiating agreements with contractors and suppliers (grape supply agreements, land contracts for wineries, etc.)
- Identifying incentives and ideal business structures to obtain local permitting
In addition, we help small businesses find and maintain their niche—whether in the booming D.C. beltway or a struggling HUBZone.
The photo for this page was taken by Attorney Dave Lincoln at Kontokosta Winery on the North Fork of Long Island.