In addition to providing veterans with a voice in the legal system and bureaucracy, David Lincoln, one of the founders of Lincoln Law PLLC also founded Team Iggy Vets. Lincoln Law PLLC supports the mission of Team Iggy Vets and veterans of military service.
The Mission Statement of Team Iggy Vets is:
- To welcome Veterans of military service in the United States Military or its allied services into the sport of competitive sailing (“Veterans”)
- To teach Veterans the sport of competitive sailing, and To use sailing as a mechanism to teach Veterans and their dependants skills related to sailing
- To use sailing theory to teach Veterans and their dependants mathematics and engineering
- To welcome in particular disabled Veterans, Veterans with PTSD, and the dependents of deceased military service members into the sport of competitive sailing
- To use competitive sailing as a non-medical therapeutic tool to assist wounded Veterans in their recovery.
The Team is named after the boat on which its members learn to sail and race. L’il Iggy is a Beneteau Oceanis 281. At 20 years old it isn’t the newest or best outfit boat in a fleet, but it is sailed by a dedicated crew.