Attorney Dave Lincoln is the founder of the firm but currently inactive with the firm due to federal ethics rules. He has served fifteen years in the United States Navy, half as a line officer and half as a JAG Attorney advising admirals and prosecuting cases ranging from simple drug cases to sexual assault, complex conspiracy, and terrorism cases.
Attorney Dave Lincoln is a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve Judge Advocate General’s Corps. He was an Assistant Trial Counsel representing the United States in the Military Commission United States v. Abd al Hadi al-Iraqi. In that capacity he led a team in identifying discoverable information from over three million documents relating to the CIA’s former RDI Program and successfully proposed solutions to balance national security and the Accused’s constitutional rights under the Classified Information Procedures Act.
He leverages his engineering background to provide expert advice on technical issues and complex multi-million dollar contract negotiations. His teaching experience includes: Naval Justice School, Naval Nuclear Power School, George Mason Law School, and as an age group swim coach.
He was previously legal counsel to the Admiral of Submarine Group TWO (in charge of 25 fast attack submarines and 5000 personnel), acted as the presiding officer of Summary Courts-Martial and prosecuted numerous cases. As such, he understands how to forcefully represent his clients.
He was the founder of the UAS blog, Duke of Drones and helped stand up a UAS practice group at his former law firm, where he also advised clients on export compliance, intellectual property, False Claims Act, and art law.
- Boston College Law School, cum laude (2010)
- Dartmouth College, cum laude (2002)
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- New York Bar
- Rhode Island Bar
- Connecticut Bar
- Navy and Marine Corps Judiciary
- Office of Military Commissions
- Veteran’s Administration, Accredited Claims Attorney
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Naval Justice School
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: Protecting Children Online for Prosecutors
- Sailing, Mystic Racing and Eastern Connecticut Sailing Association
- Running, Multiple marathons, triathlons and numerous mid-distance races
- Woodworking, build furniture and kayaks
- Knights of Columbus – Our Lady of Hope, Potomac Falls, VA